Thursday, May 30, 2013

Amy's peplum top. Pattern review by Kara

Amy's Peplum Top Pattern Review
Lily Bird Studio

My name is Kara and I run a small business making children's clothing called leighlee by Kara Orr.  I've been sewing for nearly 20 years, being self taught along the way.  I've got 3 children that I sew for and I usually get to sew in between taking care of them.

Amy's Peplum Top


 Difficulty level:  Intermediate with buttonholes, rolled hems and mock collar




I love that this pattern looks very difficult (let's face it, I was scared to death when I first saw it!) but it is actually fairly easy to whip up.




I love the mock collar and the flutter sleeves, you can't get any cuter than that!




The peplum look is so popular right now and the pattern puts a very sophisticated spin on this top.



Amy's Peplum Top only took a couple of hours to whip up.  I have to sew between naps, meal time, clean up, cooking, etc. but it went together very quickly.









 Thanks!  Kara



No comments:

Post a Comment